Analysis and Interpretation Skills
This is a one day course with hands-on approach. It will be delivered by individual coaching and working in small groups. It will help you understand the key skills needed to do great analysis and then get a compelling story together. You will be given coaching and constructive feedback to help you get a solid story in place to share with your team and your clients
All students to AQR Core Skills course are encouraged to watch the AQR introductory video before attending their first AQR training course. The video lasts about 10 minutes and the topics included are:
- Just what is qualitative research?
- A little on our industry's past, present and future
- What makes for a great qualitative researcher
- What we typically do (projects, techniques and so on)
The objective of this video is giving you the headspace to reflect on the foundations of qual before you start your training with us.
Preparing for the course
Before the course you will be required to:
- Identify a project you are working on at the moment where you are in the write-up stage, OR one that you have recently completed.
- Bring along your analysis and presentation to the session with you. This will form the basis of the practical tasks.
- Let us know your experience to date
In order to get the most out of the course, it is recommended that you allow for a few hours of advance preparation over the 2 weeks leading up to the course.
Learning outcomes from the course
This one day course will take you on the journey from data to meaning. It will cover:
- Working through the content (thematic analysis)
- Identifying the key themes
- How to build your themes into stories
- How to structure the data to make it tell the story effectively
- How to run downloading and brainstorming sessions
You will work in small groups and also have individual coaching giving plenty of opportunity for your own individual questions.
MRS CPD Accreditation
This course is accredited for 6 hours as part of the MRS Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme.
AQR Core Skills courses are in high demand and advance booking is essential, both to ensure a place on the course and to give time to do the preparatory work required. Please check the AQR Events and Training calendar for details of upcoming courses and booking options, late cancellations, and waiting lists. If you need any further information abut this or any of our AQR courses, please do not hesitate to contact us.