Online Moderating Skills
This one day, face to face course, has a hands-on approach. From experiencing an online community to running your own tasks and mapping out your online moderation.
All students to AQR Core Skills course are encouraged to watch the AQR introductory video before attending their first AQR training course. The video lasts about 10 minutes and the topics included are:
- Just what is qualitative research?
- A little on our industry's past, present and future
- What makes for a great qualitative researcher
- What we typically do (projects, techniques and so on)
The objective of this video is giving you the headspace to reflect on the foundations of qual before you start your training with us.
Preparing for the course
Before the course you will take part in an online community. This will give you experience from the participant's viewpoint, and help you to identify tasks you would create to answer your own research objectives.
In order to get the most out of the course, it is recommended that you allow for around 2 hours of advance preparation leading up to the course.
Learning outcomes from the course
This is a face to face one day course and will cover:
- When and how to recommend online qual to your client
- Which online approach is right for your project
- How to moderate communities, bulletin boards and live chat
- How to engage participants via projective and elicitation techniques
- Managing streams of data to build analysis
Throughout the course there will be theory and practical tips. There will be plenty of time for discussion too.
MRS CPD Accreditation
This course is accredited for 6 hours as part of the MRS Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme.
AQR Core Skills courses are in high demand and advance booking is essential, both to ensure a place on the course and to give time to do the preparatory work required. Please check the AQR Events and Training calendar for details of upcoming courses and booking options, late cancellations, and waiting lists. If you need any further information abut this or any of our AQR courses, please do not hesitate to contact us.