Co-Founder and Strategist
After a 20 year career in bookselling, culminating as Marketing Director of Waterstones, I switched to agency life in 2000. In 2002, I helped to co-found Acacia Avenue, and specialise here in brand strategy and how brands express themselves in writing.
Martin has been a Member of the AQR since January 2011.
Notable achievements and contributions
- 1978 BA in American Literature, University of East Anglia
- 1981 University bookselling (various universities)
- 1985 WHSmith (variety of book buying and marketing roles)
- 1995 Waterstones (Marketing director)
- 2000 Fourth Room (Brand strategist)
- 2002 Acacia Avenue
- 2005 Director, 26 (not for profit organisation for business writers)
- 2014 co-author of Keeping Mum (novel involving 15 co-writers)