Hugh has over 20 years qualitative research experience. His work has focused on international media and development (South Asia, Eastern Europe, Africa), alongside visitor experience research and evaluation of formal and informal learning for adults and children at museums, galleries, events and universities. Hugh has worked for Oxfam, BBC and Plus Four Market Research before setting up his own consultancy in 2002.
Hugh has been a Member of the AQR since 08/1999.
Notable achievements and contributions
- 1997 Rebroadcast audiences Eastern Europe: ESOMAR
- 1997 Research Eastern Europe: Problems and challenges. GEAR
- 2004 Evaluating educational broadcasting: CIBAR
- 2007 Ethnographic study of media consumers in Pakistan: CIBAR
- 2010 Women and new media in Pakistan: AQR-QRCA
- 2012 Visitor behaviour at music festivals: AQR-QRCA & CIBAR
- 2014 Engaging the public with university research: CIBAR
- 2014 Cutty Sark co-creation with kids; Museums & Heritage Show