After a long career in qualitative research and nearly two decades of contributing to AQR education courses, Geoff works as an independent consultant offering training and one to one coaching. He is concerned to help researchers achieve emotional depth in exploring the consumer -brand relationship with a focus on developing elicitation skills. He worked as an Assessor for the Unilever Accreditation scheme.
Geoff has been a Member of the AQR since 09/1998.
Notable achievements and contributions
- 1998 MRS Conference Paper on 'Impulse'
- 2003 Completed course on Life Coaching
- 2006 QRCA conference Paper on Discussion Guides
- 2013 AQR Committee/ Education Chair
- 2013 Editor AQR 'In Depth'
Articles published by the AQR
- 2013 Foreword (InDepth #18)
- 2012 Stay loose until rigour counts
- 2012 Foreword (InDepth #17)
- 2011 Foreword (InDepth #14)
- 2010 Foreword (InDepth #13)
- 2010 Foreword (InDepth #12)
- 2009 Constant State of Evolution
- 2008 Education under the spotlight
- 2008 Is it time to tear up the discussion guide?
- 2008 Hey! Itís not as easy as I make it look!
- 2007 Rose by any other name
- 2005 Fans and Football; Best and worst of times
- 2005 Citizen or subject?
- 2004 How creative is your creative brief?
- 2004 The Craft of Qualitative Research
- 2004 The Chemistry Set,... Choosing a Consultancy
- 2004 The Cat and the Canary