Lucy has enjoyed working at the qualitative coalface for nearly 30 years. She started her career client side at Royal Mail, but quickly realized she would have more fun on the other side of the mirror. She has worked at a number of different research agencies of varying shapes and sizes. Since moving from London to Leeds 19 years ago Lucy has worked in senior insight roles at Principles Research and Nunwood Consulting (now part of KPMG consulting). Lucy has been a Research Director at Boxclever Consulting for the last few years. By looking with curiosity at the world and it's people Lucy is on a continual quest to explore human behaviours; always endeavouring to make sense of what people think, say and do. In doing so she unearths human truths, creating vivid and impactful stories for brands and businesses
Lucy has been a Member of the AQR since October 2019. Lucy is the Chair of the AQR Management Board with special responsibilities for Hub Lead for Thought Leadership.
Notable achievements and contributions
- 1992 Graduated Univ of Aberwysth degree English and American Studies
- 1992 Began career in marketing with Royal Mail
- 1994 Began career in qual res with specialist media qual agency RPM
- 1996 Graduated London Met Univ with a postgrad marketing diploma
- 2004 Graduated Leeds Univ with a masters in Modern Political History
- 2011 Started working with Boxclever Consulting
- 2020 Boxclever winner Drum Marketing Awards for best customer insight
- 2021 Presented paper to Aura 'Opposites attract'
- 2021 Presented paper to MRS Health & Fitness conference
- 2021 Elected to the AQR Board