Membership of the AQR is individual not corporate by annual subscription. The Group Membership Scheme may be beneficial for those companies with several members of AQR, whilst the Affiliate Scheme may interest students and the Alumnus Scheme is designed for retired members.
Benefits of AQR membership includes:
- Topical updates from In Brief, AQR's bi-monthly magazine
- Thought-provoking content from the six-monthly In Depth
- Eligibility for a company Business Directory Entry (at an additional cost) which is the biggest and the best qualitative listings source. It provides detailed information on research practitioners and suppliers of other services to the qualitative industry.
- Member profile listing on AQR Website with a link to their company’s Business Directory entry if applicable.
- Discounted rates on AQR training courses and events
- Premium paid-for online advertising slots for those with a Business Directory entry
- Entry to New Researchers' events for those with 0-7 years experience
- The hottest ticket in town: AQR's Not the Christmas Party
- Use of the AQR Individual Member logo on members' marketing materials
- The opportunity to help shape the industry and raise your profile by serving on the AQR Board
Members receive email updates about:
- Training opportunities
- Speaker opportunities
- Invitations to The Hub webinars
- Spark evening sessions that stretch the mind and are easy on the pocket
- Nationwide contemporary thinking events list compiled uniquely for AQR
- Nights out in the company of the Young Unfocused Group
- Networking events
Individual Membership Rates
£135 + VAT
£125 + VAT
Membership runs for 12 months from the date of joining. As of 6 April 2008, the AQR annual membership fee is an approved professional fee on which tax relief can be claimed by UK tax payers.
Group Membership allows companies that employ five or more members to purchase group membership at a reduced cost. Group membership a runs for 12 months from the date of joining and is based on named members. If the member leaves your company, the membership is transferrable to another named individual. Members to be allocated or named on renewal. If you would like more information about Group Membership please contact the AQR Office Direct.
The Affiilate Membership scheme is a low-cost membership option aimed at students, interns and young people who are aged 25 or under, not currently employed as a researcher, and who want to find out more about what the qualitative research industry has to offer.
The Alumni Membership scheme is designed to give qualitative researchers a way to stay in touch with the industry once they are retired. It is aimed at members who have been active in qualitative research for 15 years or more prior to retirement, and it gives many of the benefits of full membership at a reduced cost.
Graduate Information Pack
Graduates seeking employment in the field of Qualitative Research may also be interested in our Graduate Information Pack. This FREE information pack to give you an insight into the industry and to help you in your career decisions.
If you would like more information on the activities of the AQR and the benefits of membership, please contact us and request a membership information pack. For more information about Group Membership, Affiliate Membership, or Alumni Membership, please contact the AQR Secretariat for advice on eligibility and costs.
Secretary to the Board
The Association for Qualitative Research
31 St Neots Road,
St Neots, Cambs,