Membership of the AQR is individual not corporate by annual subscription. The Group Membership Scheme may be beneficial for those companies with several members of AQR, whilst the Affiliate Scheme may interest students and the Alumnus Scheme is designed for retired members.
The Individual Membership package includes:
- Subscription to In Brief magazine (six issues per year)
- News, updates, and alerts by email
- Discounted rates on AQR training courses and events
- Discounted rates on New Researchers events 
- Invite to AQR's Not the Christmas Party 
- Free participation in AQR livestream webinars and interviews
- Eligible to enter AQR Qualitative Excellence Award contest 
- Right to vote for members standing for AQR Board
- Right to stand for election to AQR Board
- Listed in online register of AQR Individual Members
- Eligible to use AQR membership logo 
 New researchers events are for those with 0-7 years experience
 Party tickets are available to members only at a small cost
 The Qualitative Excellence Award requires a small entry fee
 The logo may be used for marketing purposes by the named AQR member. Companies and organisations are not entitled to claim to be, or imply they are members of AQR as all membership is individual not corporate. If you cease to be a member of AQR, you are required to cease using the AQR logo and remove it from websites etc with immediate effect.
AQR add-on services are only available to AQR members. AQR membership is required to take a Business Directory Entry (at an additional cost), and to take premium paid-for online advertising slots (at an additional cost).
Members receive email updates about:
- Training opportunities
- Speaker opportunities
- Invitations to The Hub webinars
- Spark evening sessions that stretch the mind and are easy on the pocket
- Nationwide contemporary thinking events list compiled uniquely for AQR
- Nights out in the company of the Young Unfocused Group
- Networking events
- Sponsorship Opportunities
Individual Membership Rates
£135 + VAT
£125 + VAT
Membership runs for 12 months from the date of joining. As of 6 April 2008, the AQR annual membership fee is an approved professional fee on which tax relief can be claimed by UK tax payers.
If you would like more information on the activities of the AQR and the benefits of membership, please contact us and request a membership information pack. For more information about Group Membership, Affiliate Membership, or Alumni Membership, please contact the AQR Secretariat for advice on eligibility and costs.
Secretary to the Board
The Association for Qualitative Research
31 St Neots Road,
St Neots, Cambs,