I am an experienced researcher and communication strategist with 25 years in the field, the last 15 of which have been working primarily with charities in the UK, Europe and Australia. Prior to my research career, I worked extensively in communication agencies, helping guide the development of successful campaigns and brands.
Steven has been a Member of the AQR since February 2023.
Notable achievements and contributions
- 1994 Graduated Bournemouth University, BA Financial Services
- 1994 -2004 Agency roles at Rapier, Proximity, Saatchi & Saatchi
- 1996 Post Graduate Diploma, Direct Marketing Imperial College, London
- 2005 -2007 Senior Account Director at Pareto Fundraising, Sydney, Aus
- 2008 -2012 Head of Planning at DMS
- 2008 -2012 Co-chair and then Chair, IOF Insight Committee
- 2013 -2022 Research and Communication Consultant
- 2015 -present MRS CPD in Advanced Semiotics
- 2015 -present MRS CPD in Advanced Qualitative Research Methods
- 2021 -present Co-Captain, Talk Club men's mental health support group