Alison is an experienced dualist researcher, and has been a 'hands on' qualitative researcher for over 20 years. She was trained originally by the MRS and in client-specific techniques by organisations such as Procter & Gamble. Now MD of Swift Research, she is involved across the spectrum, from advising clients to coaching junior researchers to hone their qual skills and develop a passion for uncovering hidden gems.
Alison has been a Member of the AQR since October 2003.
Notable achievements and contributions
- 1992 Graduated from Newcastle with BSc Hons Applied Consumer Sciences
- 1992 Began research career with Northern Arts, Arts Marketing Company
- 1994 Joined Swift Research as Research Executive
- 1994 Trained in qual with MRS and P&G incl. P&G 'Concept Labs'
- 1998 Developed moderator training programme for external partner
- 2002 Headed up all internal training & development at Swift Research
- 2007 Appointed MD at Swift Research a full service agency
- 2007 Developed on-site viewing facilities to include bespoke services
- 2018 Attended AQR Breakfast Bites North What is semiotics about?