Founder & CEO
Simon is a Strategic Qualitative Researcher with a proven track record of 30 years experience; understanding what makes consumers tick, the influence of the socio-cultural context, and translating these insights into actionable recommendations. He moderates ECGs®, Focus Groups and IDIs in the UK and North America, and conducts projects around the world. He is also a keen Ethnographer. Formerly MD at CRAM International and a Director of online sister agency QiQ International. Simon trained under Peter Cooper (Founder of CRAM), is a Chartered Psychologist and Fellow of the MRS. He is a Board Member of the AQR (Former Chair), and Trustee of the AMSR. He has written papers and presented at conferences on Country & Destination Branding, The Psychology of Branding and Communication, and the psychological origins of Qualitative Research; and has been a visiting lecturer at the Institute of Manufacturing (IfM) at Cambridge University since 2010. Above all, he is a hands-on Qualitative Researcher with a love of Brands, Culture, and People, and a particular fascination with Country & Destination Branding.
Simon has been a Member of the AQR since 03/1987. Simon serves on the AQR Management Board with special responsibilities for Community and Connections Hub.
Notable achievements and contributions
- 2010 Organising Committee, AQR Q Fest
- 2011 Elected to the AQR Board
- 2012 IJMR, Peter Cooper's Influence on Qualitative Research
- 2012 ESOMAR, The Psychology of Internet Security
- 2012 -2016 Chair AQR Prosper Riley Smith Qualitative Excellence Award
- 2014 Co-Chair AQR/QRCA Conference, Budapest
- 2014 MRS: Creating the Future of Country Branding
- 2015 IJMR, Bill Schlackman's Influence on Qualitative Research
- 2015 Session Chair at AQR Conference: Being Human
- 2015 Became Chair of the AQR Board
- 2016 QRCA Conference Paper:" The Vienna School"
- 2016 Attended AQR's Eyes Wide Open event
- 2018 Completed AQR's Online Moderating Skills Course